Monday, March 15, 2010

Why the internet has so many atheists

I've often thought about why the internet seems like such an atheistic place. I haven't gotten down to writing about it, because I couldn't overcome my misgivings about selection bias-- that is, my fear that I was merely perusing atheistic portions of the internet.

Before I could get down to it, Thunderf00t on YouTube made this awesome video. It's worth it to watch immediately.


One thing that he didn't address: could it be that the internet has a higher-than-average proportion of tech-savvy individuals? Or that the people generating the content-- videos, websites, forums-- must be somewhat tech-savvy, and that group has a higher-than-average proportion of rational thinkers, and therefore atheists?

No comments:

Post a Comment